Laura’s Professional & Healing Journey
As far back as I can remember, I have resonated deeply with the energy of nature. I found solice in the northern American woods as a young child, looking for things to eat and roots my mother could brew into tea. Life with three brothers, a stay at home mom and a father whose work uprooted us every two to three years was unmarred by visible trauma but filled with hidden issues nonetheless.
A desire to help people coupled with a fair share of ambition sent me to a prestigious college in California as a pre-med student who evolved into a social scientist. When my closest brother was killed in a dramatic accident after graduation—one of those truly life defining junctures – the altered current swept me off to Sweden.
While I explored macrobiotics, aromatherapy and flower essences, practiced Tai Chi and got attuned to Reiki, my professional life became more mainstream, working with administration and communications. When my third child was diagnosed in the mid 90’s with a serious genetic condition, the time had come to dedicate myself to what I had previously only dabbled in — natural medicine and energy healing.
Biopathy (Scandinavian naturopathy) became the foundation. A degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine / Acupuncture followed. The door was then opened to energy medicine; studies in Psych-Kinesiology linked the previous disciplines. I learned many new forms of Energy Psychology and evolved my own variation of EFT Tapping combined with qigong. Living several years in Japan allowed Shiatsu, Qigong and Taoist meditation to be studied locally then pursued with masters in China. I got certified as a coach to open doors beyond the “fix what is broken” therapy paradigm. As a Tao Yoga and Energy Medicine Yoga teacher, I can share an embodied practice that integrates much of the above disciplines. Most recently, I trained and worked as a conventional Medical Assistant to better understand and be able to interface with the current pharmacological practice and paradigm.
Firmly anchored in the biochemical reality of the body, the life blood of my work is energy medicine and psychology. Since 2001, I have served individuals and families willing to work for a balanced body and harmonious life, counseling and caring for them as they attend to the feelings, thoughts and longings of their soul on the way.
I have personally experienced and used natural and energy medicine on eczema, allergies, hormonal and thyroid imbalances, sugar sensitivity and overweight, SAD (seasonal affective disorder), Lyme and cancer – a well rounded ‘wounded healer’. Of course many of my clients have similar issues but I thrive helping those with other challenges such as diabetes, auto-immune, headaches, arthritis, high blood pressure, work-life stress, chronic fatigue and burnout, alcohol dependency, anxiety with panic attacks and depression. My heartfelt commitment is to partner with you on your individual path to wholeness.
Academic & Professional Degrees
- BA – Social Science – Pomona College – USA – 1980
- Biopath / Naturopath Biopat og Urteskolen – Denmark – 2000
- Medical Herbalist – Biopat og Urteskolan – Denmark – 2000
- Psycho-Kinesiologist – Center for Naturterapi – Denmark – 2003
- TCM Acupuncturist – Nordic College of Acupuncture – Denmark – 2004
- MA / Medical Assistant – Columbia College – USA – 2018
Certification Courses & Training
- EmoTrance Practitioner – Denmark – 2005
- Events Psychology Practitioner – England – 2009
- PS Master / Metaphor Therapist – England – 2009
- Master EFT Practitioner – England – 2011
- AMT Trainer of Meridian & Energy Therapies – England – 2011
- Energy in Motion Master – USA – 2015
- Energist Trainer – USA – 2016
- Modern Energy Tapping Trainer – USA – 2018
- e-Lybra 9 Bioresonance Training – England – 2005
- Advanced Bioresonance Practitioner – England 2012
Traditional Oriental Medicine
- Medical Qigong – Sweden – 2002
- Shiatsu Massage – Japan – 2007
- Neigong – China -2008
- Taoist Meditation – China – 2008
- Tao Yoga Teacher – Ongoing with start Japan – 2010
- Energy Medicine Yoga Instructor – USA – 2017
- ICF Dipl. Coach – Sweden – 2012
- Robbins-Mandanes Life Coach / Strategic Interventionist (in progress) – USA
- Usui Reiki Level III – Denmark – 2002
- Karuna Reiki Master – Sweden – 2006
- Theta Healing – Sweden – 2009
- Evolutionary Astrology Apprenticeship – USA – Ongoing w/ start 2010
- Astrology of Healing Doctorate – USA – Ongoing w/ start 2015
- AstroPsychology Certification – USA – Ongoing w/ start 2018
Association for Meridian & Energy Therapies, England aka Guild of Energists
NAMASTA -North American Studio Alliance, USA
Swedish Medical Qigong Society, Sweden
KAM – Kommittén för Komplementär och Alternativ Medicin, Sweden